Followers

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Day 9:

"Borderline"

Can I just start with a brief explanation of what the term "borderline" means. I don't think I gave a definition on day 1 and it is very important that I do.

For years, the condition was thought to be somewhere between psychosis and neurosis- on the borderline in fact. The term "borderline" didn't really describe the actual illness but the name stuck. Far more is known about BPD today, and it is now recognised to be a disorder characterised by intense emotional experiences and instability in relationships and behaviour.

Many experts are now calling for the name to be changed to a more appropriate name. Suggestions include Emotion Disregulation Disorder, Unstable Personality Disorder and Complex Post traumatic Stress Disorder.

So I just thought I would share that with you and if you don't mind, I will be back tomorrow. I'm not feeling too great today....

No comments:

Post a Comment