Followers

Thursday 3 September 2015

Day 28:

My next appointment:



Today I had an appointment with the principal psychotherapist. I was terrified so I wrote down what I wanted to say because I knew my mind would turn to mush. I was scared that the therapist would be annoyed that she had to read something but, it went remarkably well! She was happy to read it and said how thorough I was! She understood that I was anxious about going into another group but explained what it would be like in her department....
I would see her once a month to build some trust between us and form some kind of relationship. She would prepare me for joining the group. There would be a maximum of eight people - so wouldn't be so daunting. They select people for the groups according to whether they think it would be the right "fit" so it isn't as simple as the next person on the waiting list joins. If it turns out that I fit into another therapist's group then the same process applies. I will get to know the therapist before joining the group. It would be long term - 3 years in the group. There is no pressure on me to do group therapy if I don't want to so I have been put on the waiting list ,but I can change my mind at any time. I think I will see her once a month and see how it goes. See if I can maybe trust her a bit. I haven't processed it properly yet but she was a really nice, understanding lady. Still not sure about the group thing but we'll see....



No comments:

Post a Comment