Followers

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Birth


Something hurt, a bodily invasion
This was NOT a happy occasion
I could hear them having a conversation
Something about a complication?
Fear now danced with trepidation
How I'd love a mild sedation!
Suffering now from de-hydration
I wanted an end to my gestation
Only 3 centimetres in my dilation!
I couldn't hide the pure frustration
Pangs of agony, nurse rotation
Hours and hours of preparation
Then it happened- activation!
Too late to make a cancellation
Several tries at inhalation
The midwife helped with navigation
And with resolve and determination
I saw the results of my creation
All I felt was tribulation
And settled down for relaxation.

2 comments:

  1. I popped into hospital one day, you arrived so quick, so easy
    Almost like you said, 'this is gonna be bright and breezy'
    And for 38 years it's been the same, my happy smiling girl
    A surprise gift at seventeen, my precious little pearl. (R.B.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pains we go through for our children, and worth every second. Your poem says it all.

    ReplyDelete