Followers

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Day 22:

About Myself:



Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their comments yesterday. Some lovely things were said and great that other people are opening up about what they have been through. Also a lovely offer from my Felicia about coming to St Lucia. I just need to explain something...
You must remember, I've been feeling this way for a very long time, as long as I can remember. It is what I know, it is what I'm used to and , in a weird way, what I'm comfortable with. I live with it every day and would never accept help from anyone. I know this is another reason I am so alone but asking for help feels impossible. I feel I deserve to be going through this, that I am a bad person. No amount of "no you're not" or "let me help you" will make me feel that I deserve or can accept help. When I say it out loud, it sounds selfish and wallowing and ridiculous, but it doesn't feel like that. It probably seems stupid that I wouldn't just let someone in but I can't. I have learnt that people hurt you, abuse you and use you. 
Sometimes it feels like someone else is living my life and I am watching from outside. I don't know how to connect with people and because I feel so awkward, I stay away from them. I have always been independent, even with this illness, and I see asking for help as a weakness. I am struggling with extremes of emotion carried along by extremes of mood that leave me feeling powerless and yet I still think I deserve no help. 
I do appreciate everyone's offers and remarks, but I just don't know what to do with them. Sorry this has turned into a bit of a therapy session. Apologies......


No comments:

Post a Comment