Followers

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Day 30:

Thanks:.....


There were a couple of other things that I truly believe played a part in getting me through my childhood. I have always wanted to mention them but, of course, I have never had the opportunity. I will never get another chance, so I may as well talk about them. 
Firstly, I made a friend who was a kindred spirit, who loved horses just like me. I don't think she knows how much she touched me . Not just her, but her entire family. They made me see what a happy family was, I was welcomed with open arms whenever I went to her house. They lived in the next street to me and they loved each other so much. I remember likening them to the "Waltons" and wishing I could live with them. They really made an impact on me and made me see what was possible to achieve. 
They probably will never read this but thank you Julie, Mick and the rest of the Evans's. Also, being a weirdo, I really didn't feel comfortable in social situations and struggled in my head to fit in. I had nothing but respect and encouragement( without them realising it) from Heather, Rosina, Denise and Jeanette. They bothered with me. They took the time to know me and I am so grateful for that. Even now, they are loyally reading my posts, bless them and still finding time for me. Heather rescued me on more than one occassion when I was sleeping rough ( with the horses of course) and took me home with her. I wasn't judged or asked questions, but welcomed. We haven't seen each other for nearly 30 years but I always think of them. Thank you girls...


No comments:

Post a Comment