Followers

Friday 14 October 2016

Locked out - Part one

Locked out again, I was ten minutes late!
You would think I would learn that this was my fate
"Go away" she would say, "you're not wanted here"
Those words are still ringing everyday in my ear.
I'd start by sitting outside the front door
But I would be numb from the frost on the floor
I'd walk and I'd cry and I'd hear a fox yelp
And I'd realise that I was alone without help.
I'd walk up the road and into the farm
Where maybe I'd be a bit safer from harm
I knew where the key was, the key to the shed
And I'd lock myself in there to sort out my head.
I'd sleep all alone on the broken down seat
Except for two dogs who provided some heat
They were my covers, I was cold to the core
My limbs stiff and hurting behind bolted door.
Frozen with fear and too frightened to stir
Except for the occassional stroking of fur
I would make sure I was sleeping before it got dark
I would wake when the cock crowed and be up with the lark
I would then make a fire out of sticks and old hay
And go fetch an egg that was laid on the day
I'd put some cold water in a rusty old tin
And I'd fashion a spoon with what I found in the bin.
I would lock up the shed and I'd smooth down my hair
And I'd make it look like I'd never been there
And then I'd go home and get ready for school
And nothing was said as I entered the hall...



2 comments:

  1. This form of treatment is effective with a vast majority of patients' overtime as they become gradually desensitized to these situations.
    While these are the most commonly used methods in the treatment of anxiety disorders, there are also other various treatment forms available of which a vast number of individuals have found to be successful.
    Take a look:treatment of anxiety disorder

    ReplyDelete